This event is ideal for sailors wanting to develop their strong wind sailing techniques. You’ll be guided by a professional instructor who will help you develop your confidence and offer expert advice across the following:
· Weather forecast and passage plan/decision making.
· Boat and crew preparation for heavy weather before you depart.
· Heavy weather tips on all points of sail.
· Sail plans and reefing (upwind and downwind).
· Understanding the sea state / choosing your tack.
· Manoeuvring in heavy seas.
· Longer passage considerations.
The Pure Latitude team has an impressive range of skills to offer, but controlling the weather unfortunately isn’t one of them! Strong winds are not guaranteed but what we can promise is a robust, in-depth day of training that will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to take your skippering to the next level, whatever the weather.