Join our team at the heart of the UK yachting industry on the beautiful River Hamble. It’s a fun and varied industry to work in but don’t be fooled – it’s hard work. We offer access to a wide range of boats and water-based events through our exclusive membership plans and are currently looking for a Membership and Administration Coordinator to join us.
Our new membership coordinator will be responsible for the day to day management of our members, including the administration of our busy event programme. If you’re an articulate, logical thinker and have a great eye for detail, we’d love to talk to you – but you’ll also need the drive and passion to make a difference. We’re not just saying that – we need someone who has the confidence and work ethic to take ownership of their areas of responsibility – it’s a small team and there is nowhere to hide – you may need a thick skin!
Working closely with the membership manager, you will be responsible for administrating and managing numerous online platforms that run several key aspects of the business: membership sales & retention and our busy events programme. You will engage in professional and articulate communication with our members across a range of activities via phone and email.
– Be highly computer literate
– Have an exceptional eye for detail (some who actually dot’s the I’s and crosses the T’s)
– Have a strong customer service track record with excellent communication and administrative skills
– Build good relationships with our members through assisting with all enquiries and proactively offering customer support.
– Manage all bookings, marketing and member communications relating to our busy event programme.
– Management and administration of numerous online platforms key to the smooth running of the business.
– Regularly send clear communications to members with details of a wide variety of days/bookings
– Assist with sales activity as required and appropriate, eg boat shows, trials, open days
– To be on call for customer queries on a weekend duty rosta
– Proactively assist and manage the myriad of inevitable daily tasks that are the norm in a growing business.
3 years experience in a customer facing role with daily customer contact via phone and email.
3 years experience in a marketing role and preferably using social media in the workplace.
3 years experience in an administrative role and the ability to easily multi-task in a small business.
Demonstrable experience in boating (charter OR RYA training). RYA instructor qualifications are not essential but a big plus.
To be considered for this role, you will also need to be permanently settled in easily commutable distance to our office in Hamble.
Click below to forward a CV and covering letter demonstrating your relevant experience. Replies to applications will be made w/c 5th November.