In this section:
2. Types of events
3. What’s on – Using the Calendar
4. Bookings, Rates and Cancellations
The Pure Latitude event programme is an important and valuable part of membership, offering social, training, adventure and racing trips. Events are a great way to try new things on the water and meet fellow Pure latitude members.
We provide the boat and a professional skipper and you book your preferred number of seats onboard for your chosen event (family and friends welcome).
Our events fall into 4 categories: Social, Training, Adventure and Racing
• Our social events are a great way to get out on the water and meet other members in a fun and relaxed environment. Social events include: social sails, family days, longer distance coastal and cross-channel trips, on the water spectating at premium racing events and Pure Latitude flotillas…….don’t miss the Beaulieu Bash in April or the Folly Jolly in November!
• Our training events provide a great way to get out on the water and enhance your skills at the same time. Training days are all run on a shared basis with other members, and therefore are at a lower cost and less personalized than our bespoke training options. We run a wide range of days including RYA courses as well as key skill days for both sail and motor boaters, including: boat handling, passage planning, night navigation, sail trim and spinnaker handling.
• Our adventure trips are the perfect opportunity to get out on the water and explore with a qualified skipper. They offer the opportunity to sail in locations you might not usually get to when sailing solo or with friends and family. These events are great for all abilities and are usually longer distance or cross-channel trips.
• Our racing events are run on our X-yachts 37 and 46, plus through partners. A key feature of our racing is on-board training from great race coaches, ensuring that you gain really valuable sailing skills across a range of disciplines. We offer both inshore and offshore events at most of the major South Coast regattas, plus some more glamourous races in the Med:
Round the Island Race, RORC St Malo, Cowes Week, Warsash Spring Series, JOG Race, Giraglia.
Details of all events are on the Pure Latitude event calendar, which can be viewed on our website under the event tab or via the link below.
Simply click on any event on the calendar for more information including the rate, a summary of the itinerary and other relevant information.
Additionally, Pure News (our monthly club newsletter) also gives details of upcoming events as well as the Pure Latitude members Facebook group which publishes details of last minute places when they become available.
4. 1 Bookings
Enquiries and bookings are made by contacting the Pure Latitude office via email on email@example.com. You’re welcome to book for friends and family to join the event too (at the standard per person rate) so please let us know how many places you need at the time of booking.
You will receive a confirmation email once your booking has been made, and your points will be adjusted or an invoice will be sent to you as appropriate. A reminder email with joining instructions will be sent to you in advance of the event.
The point charges for each event are custom and detailed within each individual event on the calendar. Events rates range from 5 to 25 points per day and are charged to the Pure Latitude booking season in which the event occurs.
You are charged on a per place basis and can pay either using your membership points or you can choose to be invoiced separately @ £12/per event point.
For multi day events (excluding racing), we offer differential accomodation pricing in line with the reality that different levels of comfort/privacy are available and different people have different preferences. Actual rates vary by boat and event but we typically offer 3 types of berth:
• Single berths are typically in the saloon but larger boats may have single berths in cabins.
• Shared double cabin berths are typically aft cabins and smaller fore cabins where the berths are configured as doubles.
• Single cabin occupancy is typically the aft cabins and smaller fore cabins.
• Member Cancellation: You can cancel an event booking via email which needs to be confirmed by reply email from Pure Latitude. The member will be liable for the following charges on cancellation at the following notice periods:
|Charge||UK Event Notice Period||Overseas Event Notice Period|
|No charge||Over 4 weeks||Over 10 weeks|
|50% charge||2-4 weeks||6-10 weeks|
|Full charge||2-0 weeks||6-0 weeks|
Pure Latitude Cancellation: Pure Latitude reserves the right to amend or cancel any event, time, date or published price. Changes to event prices, times and dates will be advised before the event start date and any event already paid in full will not be subject to the amended price.
An event may be cancelled up to two (six for overseas) weeks prior to its start date. We recommend that members do not make travel or accommodation arrangements before this time. Any travel or accommodation costs incurred are entirely the responsibility of the member. Pure Latitude does not accept any liability for reimbursement of any costs incurred whatsoever in relation to its events.
When an event is cancelled, members can choose between an alternative date for the same event type, a credit towards another event or a refund.