Sail Training – Handle in Strong Winds 2:1
December 11 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This event is an excellent way to learn about strong wind techniques and acquire the invaluable knowledge we all need before we find ourselves in demanding conditions. Join with other members and benefit from a 2:1 student-instructor ratio for a high quality training experience!
Ideal for sailors with skippering experience, you’ll be accompanied by a professional instructor who will help you develop your confidence and offer expert advice across the following:
· Weather forecast and passage plan/decision making.
· Boat and Crew preparation for heavy weather before you depart.
· Heavy weather tips on all points of sail.
· Sail Plans and Reefing (Upwind and downwind).
· Understanding the sea state / choosing your tack.
· Manoeuvring in heavy seas.
· Longer distance boat husbandry and management.
The Pure Latitude team has an impressive range of skills to offer, but controlling the weather unfortunately isn’t one of them – strong winds are not guaranteed! What we can promise is a robust, in-depth day of training that will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to take your skippering to the next level, whatever the weather.
Members: Weekdays £240 or 20 points, Weekend Days £300 or 25 points
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org