One event on 22nd February 2019 at 9:00am
One event on 26th April 2019 at 9:00am
One event on 25th October 2019 at 9:00am
This group exercise is an excellent way to perfect your strong wind techniques and knowledge. Ideal for sailors who are already skippering boats, you’ll be accompanied by a professional instructor who will help you develop your confidence and offer expert advice across our fully comprehensive syllabus:
· Weather forecast and passage plan/decision making.
· Boat and Crew preparation for heavy weather before you depart.
· Heavy weather tips on all points of sail.
· Sail Plans and Reefing (Upwind and downwind).
· Understanding the sea state / choosing your tack.
· Manoeuvring in heavy seas.
· Longer distance boat husbandry and management.
The PL team has an impressive range of services to offer, but controlling the weather unfortunately isn’t one of them – Strong winds of course are not guaranteed! What we can promise is a robust, in-depth day of training that will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to take your skippering to the next level, whatever the weather.