Firmly established as the leader in the fast growing UK boat share sector, Pure Latitude Boat Club is currently recruiting for a Membership and Events Manager. Based on the beautiful river Hamble, we offer access to a wide range of boats and water-based events through our exclusive membership plans.
The role primarily involves the management of our membership accounts, including the co-ordination of our busy event programme – so you’ll need strong customer service skills. The wide salary range is because, for the right candidate, we’ll tailor the level of responsibility to your experience, but you do need to be an articulate, logical and independent thinker who has a keen eye for detail. Our new team member will have the drive and passion to make a difference whilst taking full ownership of this important role.
Working closely within the small existing team, you will be the first point of contact for our members and engage in professional, articulate communication across a range of activities in person and via phone/email. You will be responsible for managing numerous online platforms that run several key aspects of the business e.g. CRM, social media, invoicing, mass email plus our own proprietary systems. You will:
– Build strong relationships with our membership through assisting with all enquiries and proactively managing them.
– Offer the highest quality level of customer support.
– Manage all bookings, marketing and member communications relating to our busy event programme.
– Create regular and relevant social media content, both for our event programme and to build the SM community as a whole.
– Proactively assist with and contribute to the development of the business, from mundane admin tasks to internal strategic discussions.
– Assist with wider sales and marketing activity as required and appropriate, eg boat shows, trials, open days
Skills and Experience
– Highly articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong customer service background
– Excellent administration and organisational skills with the natural ability to prioritise within a multi-tasking environment.
– Good commercial awareness
– Highly computer literate and comfortable working daily across a range of online platforms
– Have an exceptional eye for detail (someone who actually dot’s the I’s and crosses the T’s)
– Team orientated and with the ability to happily work autonomously
Beneficial but not essential
– Demonstrable interest/experience in boating. RYA qualifications are not essential but a big plus.
– Experience working in the boating sector (charter, service, training)
– Experience in producing creative content across social media blog posts and articles and/or creation of marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
To be considered for this role, you will need to be permanently settled within an easy daily commute to our office in Hamble.
Salary 20-35k. Dependent on experience.
To apply please forward a CV and covering letter that outlines why you think this might be for you to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15th February 2019.